Friday, April 20, 2018

Friday's Fave Five #478




Welcome to Friday's Fave Five...a decidedly springy friday!  The sunshine and warmth have arrived here in Southern Alberta and I gotta say after that brutal winter it is very welcome indeed.  Please join in with us as we intentionally look for things to be grateful for from our last week.  Link to the guidelines in the sidebar if you've never joined before.

~as mentioned above:  SPRING!~ It certainly seemed like a long time coming but we've actually got warmth and sunshine.  It feels so good to feel that when we go outside.  Unfortunately with this drastic change our area has overland flooding from the crazy amount of snow melting so fast but hopefully that sunshine will have a good hand in that this week drying it up.

~windows open~  with that warmth and sunshine I have been flinging the windows open!!  That wonderful fresh air driving out the stale winter air out of the house is so wonderful.  The slight breeze coming in feels and smells so good.

~chance meeting~ yesterday I ran into my best friend from my junior high and early high school days in a store.  I have not seen her in years and years.  It was wonderful catching up a bit on our lives.  The conversation came easily and it was nice to remember why we had connected in our youth.

~ breaking out the open toe shoes~ finally did it, dusted them off and put them on! So nice to get out of thick socks and warm boots.

~ quick photography lesson~ Saturday at the local Handmade Market they had various little 1/2 hour workshops one of which was a workshop on getting off the auto mode on your DSLR camera.  Free except for the $3 get in the door fee.  I picked up a few simple tips to get me started and hopefully I can fool around with what I learned there and keep learning.  Can hardly wait to get out this weekend with the nice weather and play.

What were your favorites this week?






6 comments:

Faith said...

Yay for spring!! Which only made an appearance one day here in eastern NY and that was back in early March!L we are still waiting.....

My summer shoes are calling to me but too cold here still!! The place i was going to hike tomorrow still has 14 inches of snow on the trail. Guess who is making different plans??!

I love running into old friends....it's a special blessing.

Enjoy the weekend!

Barbara H. said...

So glad you're having spring temperatures and weather! And how wonderful to catch up with an old friend! That photography class would be so valuable. I don't know how to do very much with my phone camera.

Karen said...

I'm going for a pedicure next week and then I'm digging out the sandals! Spring is bursting through here, too. We might get some moisture tonight, so I'm going to throw some plant food on the gardens and let it soak in.

Happy Friday, Susanne.

Willow said...

I noticed a theme there: spring and warm weather. Open toed shoes and sunshine. I'm glad you have finally gotten some warmer weather. I'm visiting my daughters and they had SNOW just after I arrived--what kind of welcome was that?
Enjoy your springy weather!

Wendy said...

Yay for warmer weather. Hope it dries up the flooding quickly. We've had a heatwave here this week. More like summer temps. I even got my sandals out! Have a good weekend.

Patti said...

It's been several months since I've been blogging, and one of the things I really missed was your weekly link up, Susanne. Probably not today, but very soon, I am going to be joining in with you again.

Oh, yes, open windows! What a thrill to enjoy the warm, fresh air after a long winter.
And open toe shoes too! I got myself a pedicure about 3 weeks ago. Had to have my toes ready to see the light of day again.

How fun to catch up with old friends. I talked to my friend, Suzette, last week. Sadly, we were talking about the passing of our former boss, but, still, it was great to catch up. We hadn't talked in about 6 months.

Happy spring,
Patti