Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday's Fave Five #477



Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Looking back over the last week we are intentionally choosing to take note of the blessings in our lives whether it's been a great week or a hard week.  Please join us.  If you are new the link to the guidelines is in the sidebar.

In no particular order here were some things that were a blessing to me this past week.


~great customer service~ I had booked a hotel through hotels.com for our Easter weekend visit with my older daughter.  We prepaid it on booking.  Well when we got home we noticed that the hotel had actually charged our card also upon checkout.  I called the hotels.com customer service and the young lady was so helpful.  She called the hotel and had everything fixed lickety split and I ended up getting an even better deal.

~spring organization started~ this year it has been tough going jumping into this.  The weather is still crazy here in Southern Alberta.  It is snowing outside, albiet a wet spring snow, but snow nonetheless, even as I type.   I have had a hard time even taking out my spring decorations.  I cleaned and put away all the heavy warm winter sweaters and took out the spring/summer cushions for the couches, packed away the warmer wintery smelling candles and took out the fresher springy ones but have not been motivated to do much else yet.  But it's a start.  Hopefully we'll get some sunshine next week and we can fling open some windows and get to it.  I must say though that even just those small changes make the place feel freshened up a bit.

~coffee in the morning~ I love coffee pretty much anytime though now do have to watch I only have decaf if I drink it after 2 in the afternoon, but that first cup in the morning has got to be the best!  And bonus blessing is that for the most part when I wake up my sweet hubby has a fresh, hot cup waiting when I get up in the morning.

~made up recipes that actually work out~ sometimes I am the poorest of planners when it comes to what I'm going to make for dinner.  I find it so hard to choose something days ahead of time or when I am not hungry.  Sometimes I fail to check and make sure I have all the ingredients and then end up changing things on the fly.  But it's always happy times when I make something up and it actually ends up working and everyone loves it.   I did that this week when what I thought I wanted for supper was missing half the ingredients and so I just made it up as I went with what I had in the pantry.  Come to think of it I better write down what I did before I forget.  LOL.

~Little Library at my gym~  if you don't know what a little library is it's a small little container for books that people put on the front of their property where people can take a book and leave a book.  It's a sweet community way of sharing books.  Well the owner of my small lady's gym put up a little book shelf for this purpose.  Love it.  Can hardly wait to see what books people drop off.

What have been your favorite blessings from the week?





7 comments:

Gattina said...

I think we are sitting in the same boat, concerning spring ! The trees try to get the leaves out but it is still cold ! I always use "Booking Com" very good service and a lot of choice !

Barbara H. said...

A nice collection of faves! Glad the hotel billing snafu got worked out well. I'm that way with dinner - I don't know why, I hate to plan meals. So I understand fully putting something together with what you have on hand! Glad that worked out, too! I have heard of those little libraries and thought they sounded like so much fun.

Faith said...

I love all of your faves....yes to the spring cleaning and nope to all the decor being out. I've only got a few easter items left out and a couple of spring candles. today is the first really warm day we've had since early March (it's almost 60 degrees F!!!). YAY! the windows are open in the bedroom s and as soon as i got home from work, I opened the 2 living room windows where I am currently typing this. I just love the warm sunshine!!

I'm the same way with meals and actually did that with a vegan rice bowl this week...just kind of made it up. Courtney loved it!

Those little libraries are all over the cape cod area and I' ve seen a couple in the Adirondacks when i'm passing through little villages on the way to hikes.

Enjoy your weekend Susanne and thank you for praying for Courtney. She has one lead that we are praying turns into an interview.

Wendy said...

A nice list there. Glad you got the hotel payment sorted. I've seen a few of the book swaps but it doesn't seem to be a big thing here yet. We tried it at the school where I worked but people brought in more books than were taken back so it got a bit hard to manage and we ended up giving up on it. I make good use of my library and our local community centre & hostel has a big selection of donated books available to buy with the funds going to support their projects. Have a good weekend.

Willow said...

Great Faves this week! Yes, on the coffee! Yes, on the little library!

I have to admit that I usually don't follow a recipe exactly. For so many years I've had to adjust for people's tastes and allergies that I use a recipe as a 'recommended guide'. I'm glad your innovations worked out so well.

Maybe you shouldn't read my fave fives! Haha! Actually I SAW snow on some Eastern Sierra Mountains peaks above Death Valley.

ellen b. said...

I'm so behind in visiting but soon I'll be back fresh when all this listing, selling and moving is behind us. Blessings!

nikkipolani said...

I'm not a big coffee drinker, but that first sip of the day is indeed the best :-) How lovely that your beloved makes you one to help your morning. Your description of wet spring snow made me want to crawl back under the blankets. Kudos to you for pressing forward with as much spring (indoors) as you can!

Boy, do I empathize with that scrambling-for-dinner feeling. Congrats for making it through another week of meals ;-)