It's Friday, time for Friday's Fave Five. After my big no show of last week, I definitely was watching what day it was this week. Not sure what went on but I just did not get back to do a post but this is a fresh week so dusting myself off and doing it right. Please join us as we look for and note 5 of the week's blessings.
1. Great discussion on the topic of kindness. Tuesday night at ladies study we had a very good discussion on the topic of kindness and setting ourselves to a higher standard. Wow, some of the honesty, insights and wisdom that came from the ladies of my group was phenomenal. There were many great takeaways and encouragements in our endeavors to make kindness a greater part of our lives. I am so blessed to have them and to have a group that is not afraid to be honest and open and vulnerable.
2. $30 coupon with no minimum purchase. A clothing store in town had a great offer on: purchase $70 and get the aforementioned coupon to come in this week to spend on anything you wanted. I was in there originally to buy a pair of workout pants which I needed (and which happened to be 40% off...a double blessing), so I added a belt which I really did need and a scarf. Okay, I admit, I didn't need the scarf but when I saw it my need for a tartan scarf in my wardrobe came to light and I couldn't leave it behind. Anyway, that allowed me to go back this week and after trying a bazillion things on, which was half the fun, I actually walked out of that store choosing a shirt that was actually $29.90 so I didn't owe a red cent and walked away with a totally free item. And if you read this blog you know this girl loves free!
3. The latest book from my favorite author. Oh my goodness. Another great story from Charles Martin. I'm not going to say too much because my full review is coming this weekend but boy oh boy. This one was so good. So much depth and emotion. It's a modern day retelling of the prodigal son and let's just say I need to restock my kleenex supply.
4. A fresh pot of coffee ready and waiting for me every morning. My dear hubby is the earlier riser in our family and he always has coffee ready made for me when I get up. In fact, when he hears me heading for the bathroom, he pours it and puts the cream in it and it's ready to do it's magic as soon as I stumble into the kitchen. No waiting half asleep for a pot to brew or digging around with my eyes glued shut to pour my own cup. This may be small to some but for me it is huge in the mornings. I am so not a morning person.
5. Moments of refreshing. In a hectic week I have been very appreciative of snatches of refreshing here and there through out my day. That perfect song on the radio, that opportunity for an extra cup of coffee with my feet up, that walk around a few blocks with my hubby and dog, a few moments of beautiful sunrise to enjoy before all the kids arrive. These are just a few of the little blessings in the midst of sometimes chaotic days that God knows my soul needs and provides at just the right times. They are moments of reprieve, of taking that breather, getting reenergized. It is these that I am trying to take more notice of and be thankful for.
What were your favorite blessings from the week?