Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday's Fave Five #399


Hard to believe, but it is Friday and so it's time to look and find the blessings that came to us during the last week and share 5 of them.  This week has gone by so fast for me that it is a good thing I have this exercise to try to reflect and look for those blessings otherwise they would just breeze right on by.  Please join in with me.

1.  Friend tradition:  showhome tour.  Every year my friend and I take in the showhome tours in the fall.  It's our tradition.   First stop is Starbucks, then we pick the homes we want to see for sure and go down the list from there.  She and I don't always agree on style or what we like but that is half the fun.  It's something we look forward to every year.  It's a pleasure to share this fun time with her.

2.  Being treated to lunch after church.  This was a real treat for us and a nice surprise.  A delicious lunch, good company and still having lots of afternoon left to laze around.  

3.  Speaking of church....I love when I go to church and everything from the songs chosen to the message to things that are said while chatting afterwards seem like they are directly spoken from God to me.  This was one of those Sundays.  So encouraging!  It was a great day.

4.  Fall foods.  I've been going through my recipes in anticipation of cooking those wonderful, warm, comforting fall foods.  I'm very much a soup gal so am looking forward to old favorites and trying some new ones too.  Crockpot, get ready, you will be put to work!

5.  Fall scenery.  Sunday evening hubby and I took a lovely stroll in a park down in the river valley.  The fall colors were out, the sun warm on the skin but the air a bit cool.  The birds were chirping and children laughing.  It was a gorgeous evening walk while holding hands with my beloved.   When I figure out how to download the pics onto this computer I will share.

What were your favorite things from your week?





11 comments:

Gattina said...

So far we still had so warm weather that I continued with summer cooking ! But I think it will change !
Seems you had a very nice week !

Faith said...

We have had a gorgeous week here too...I am loving the crisp mornings and the sunny, warm days! Dave and I did a couple of evening walks too but i didnt mention them on the FFF...I do enjoy walking hand in hand. one time a neighbor told us we looked liked newlyweds!! lol

yay for Sunday sermons and music that speaks to us directly. Love that!

Ive used my crockpot twice this week and in fact, am going to share my new recipe for tomato basil veggie soup..lhopefully that post will be up later.
have fun trying your new meals!!

enjoy the weekend!!

nikkipolani said...

Fall colors already! I was on the east coast last week and everything was still greeeeen. Crock-pot and soup season still a ways off for us, but you whet my appetite for all that coziness :-)

What a lovely tradition for an outing with a friend. How many homes are on the tour?

Barbara H. said...

What a fun tradition! I've never looked at showhomes but it sounds like a fun activity.

It's wonderful when all those elements come together at church.

Your last one sounds like the perfect fall day! Also sounds like your fall is a bit father along than ours. It's just starting to get cool here.

I love fall foods and especially soups. We try to avoid oven use in the summer, so it's nice to get back to those kinds of meals when it's cool enough. Just yesterday I found some new already assembled, toss in the crockpot meals at the grocery store and am looking forward to trying them.

Patti said...

Sounds like a totally awesome week, Susanne. Your coffee and home-look tradition with your friend would be such a fun thing to do. I have never done a home tour, but I have always wanted to.

I'm a soup gal too. I am really looking forward to those cool days, so I can make some of my faves and, like you, try some new recipes too.

Your Sunday was definitely a divine day---church, lunch afterwards, beautiful evening walk. Every element of that day was a blessing.

Thank you for hosting this party. I've missed linking up the past couple weeks. So glad to be back today.

Blessings,
Patti @ Joy in the Middle

Lynette said...

Lovely imagery of your evening walk.

You'll have to share some of your soup recipes.

Nothing like a blessed at church to jump start your week.

Kathie said...

The fall colors are just starting around here. I'm looking forward to some great photo ops!!

I made a lovely cabbage roll soup this week - so easy and delicious! I have a squash soup planned for this week.

Sounds like a wonderful Sunday. The Lord is so good to us!

Many blessings Susanne!

Wendy said...

I agree that sometimes we do need to stop and count our blessings so I'm grateful for your reminder every Friday. Visiting showhomes sounds fun. Have a good weekend.

Karen said...

The show home tour tradition sounds like a lot of fun. Nice that you and your friend can enjoy it together, even with different views of what makes a home.

I'm looking forward to some good fall cooking, too. We're still having some warm days, but I've been changing it up a bit with different recipes.

Enjoy the weekend, Susanne.

Willow said...

I will vicariously enjoy your fall weather and fall colors. It was really hot, record breaking hot, here this week.
The homeshows are fun! And autumn is a great time to do those because the weather is great and the home decor will be great too.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love those kinds of Sundays as well.