Hard to believe, but it is Friday and so it's time to look and find the blessings that came to us during the last week and share 5 of them. This week has gone by so fast for me that it is a good thing I have this exercise to try to reflect and look for those blessings otherwise they would just breeze right on by. Please join in with me.
1. Friend tradition: showhome tour. Every year my friend and I take in the showhome tours in the fall. It's our tradition. First stop is Starbucks, then we pick the homes we want to see for sure and go down the list from there. She and I don't always agree on style or what we like but that is half the fun. It's something we look forward to every year. It's a pleasure to share this fun time with her.
2. Being treated to lunch after church. This was a real treat for us and a nice surprise. A delicious lunch, good company and still having lots of afternoon left to laze around.
3. Speaking of church....I love when I go to church and everything from the songs chosen to the message to things that are said while chatting afterwards seem like they are directly spoken from God to me. This was one of those Sundays. So encouraging! It was a great day.
4. Fall foods. I've been going through my recipes in anticipation of cooking those wonderful, warm, comforting fall foods. I'm very much a soup gal so am looking forward to old favorites and trying some new ones too. Crockpot, get ready, you will be put to work!
5. Fall scenery. Sunday evening hubby and I took a lovely stroll in a park down in the river valley. The fall colors were out, the sun warm on the skin but the air a bit cool. The birds were chirping and children laughing. It was a gorgeous evening walk while holding hands with my beloved. When I figure out how to download the pics onto this computer I will share.
What were your favorite things from your week?