Welcome to a gorgeous spring day Friday's Fave Five! Time to look over the week and see what good blessings have been in our lives. Please join in! Guidelines link is in the sidebar.
1. Pear Walnut Dressing. I love pears, I love salad so when I saw this dressing I knew I had to try it. It is now a favourite. So yummy!! Perfect for the lighter flavors of spring and summer.
2. A great pair of shoes. I admit I am a shoe and purse girl. I should probably belong to shoes and purse anonymous if there was such a thing. But what's not to love about shoes and purses? We were driving down one of our main streets close to home when I noticed a new shoe store. Needing a pair of black dress shoes I convinced my dear hubby to take a look. So we took a peek and it was an awesome store full of really nice unique good quality shoes. This pair jumped out and he had me try them on and bought them for me. (He's a favourite too!) I Love them. They are so comfy, it doesn't even seem like I'm wearing heals and they look great with dress pants and jeans and skirts. Thanks my Honey!
3. Homemade turkey soup. Easter dinner in our family is usually turkey and with turkey dinner comes a delicious pot of turkey soup a couple of weeks after. I freeze the turkey carcass and when the mood strikes I make a huge pot of soup. It's a favourite of the whole family and I personally can eat homemade soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This week we had it with Jalepeno Cheese bagels. Such a simple yet such a tasty dinner!
4. Sleeping with the window cracked open. I don't know what it is but I sleep so much better. I love the fresh air coming in. And it makes the covers that much more comfy and snuggly when there is a bit of cooler air in the room. And now that it is spring and not in the throes of freezing cold winter we can open that window just enough to let that fresh air in all night.
5. Reading in warm sunshine. A definite favourite blessing this week has been the warm sunshine the last couple of days. After some crazy days of wind it was especially nice to be able to sit outside while the kids played and soak up that sunshine along with reading. Out came the tshirts and capris and even the sunscreen for the smaller kids sensitive skin. I am so looking forward to spring weather and more laid back days of playing and reading in the warmth of the sunshine.
What were your favourite blessings this week? They don't have to be earth shattering or huge, though they can be. But in my experience, it's the little things on a daily and weekly basis that sometimes tend to slip by unnoticed that make our everyday lives meaningful. And purposefully looking for them each week brings the good things to the forefront and helps when those harder days come along. Thanks once again for joining in with me in finding them!