Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday's Fave Five #257





Welcome everyone.  It's been a really full and busy week and I've been quite missing in action all week on the old blog but I sure don't want to miss these Friday posts.  It helps me to slow down and notice the good things that might otherwise slip past with me being barely conscious of them.  Please join us as we find our fave five blessings of the week!  If you need the guidelines they are linked in the sidebar.

1.  Road trip to see Oldest Daughter on the long weekend.  It's a long drive, 6 1/2 + hours, but oh so worth it to see her smiling face.  With it being Remembrance Day on Monday it gave us that extra day to go see her.  We need at least 2 nights there otherwise it's not worth it go because of the length of time spent on the road, so this long weekend was the perfect opportunity.  The weather held out and we had a great weekend.

2.  Shopping excursion in one of my favorite stores.  While visiting our girl, we went to Homesense which is one of my favorite stores.  We don't have one here, so I'm always happy when hubby suggests we go there.  He knows it will make me happy and he's willing to indulge me a bit.

3.  Butter Trufle Tea.  Smooth and buttery, perfect for cooler days.  A touch of honey and milk, a blankie and good book and I'm set.

4.  Some good reading time.  Road trip means lots of pages are going to be read.  Relaxing in the evenings in the hotel room means extra time to read too.  Love it!

5.  Starbucks Creme Brulee Latte is back.  What a nice surprise it was to find the Christmas drinks at Starbucks are featuring and that means my favorite of all is here!  Yummm!

What were your favorites from the week?






10 comments:

Gattina said...

How nice to be able to visit your daughter, although it's really a very long way ! We only have 200 km to go to Amsterdam to visit our son !

Willow said...

I so agree on the road trip reading. We are fortunate that we don't get carsick. And seeing your girl was the best part!

Peppermint Mocha (with soy)!

My absolute favorite this week was talking with ALL my kids at the same time via skype. THE. BEST.

Faith said...

When my hubby drives on long trips, I read too!! And yay for Xmas flavor sat coffee shops. I do t go to Starbucks much cause of the overpriced coffees ( DD is cheaper and I have a card) but I do like the peppermint mocha from Starbucks. I get it "skinny". That store,you like is similar to our Homegoods...a place where I end up buying more than I went for!! Happy weekend!!

Dianna said...

I enjoyed reading your favorite things from this week, Susanne. I am so glad you had opportunity to spend time with your daughter. Those long trips do keep us limited, but I understand completely what you mean when you say seeing her smile made it all worth it! Our daughter lived out of the country for a number of years. The longest we ever went without seeing her was 2 years, but oh...when we could see her, put our arms around her neck and hug her somehow nothing else mattered.

Melissa said...

I like to read on car trips, too, but I get carsick if I do that too much. One year I read a cheesy novel to my husband while we drove; it was fun and we got some good laughs out of it.

So glad you had a good week!

nikkipolani said...

I see you've had several gifts of time this week -- time with your dear girl and time to indulge in reading. Wonderful!

Barbara H. said...

How neat to be able to see your daughter over the long weekend! Glad the weather was nice enough to go. I am with you on reading while traveling - traveling is not my favorite thing but reading helps it a lot. I'm so glad we can - I have friends who get dizzy or nauseous if they read in the car.

Homesense sounds like a great store - too bad they are only in Canada! I Googled them because we have some kind of home decorating store about 20 minutes from here that I have been wanting to explore and thought that was the name, but it isn't.

The last couple of times I've come to your blog a little video has popped up in the bottom right hand corner. I've seen it here and on one other blog. I was just wondering if it was supposed to be there - if it is an ad you've placed or something Blogger is doing. I just wanted to let you know in case it wasn't supposed to be there. It disappeared when I clicked on "Post a comment."

Kathie said...

SO glad you had a chance to visit your girl - and get some shopping in!

I wish I could read in the car but it makes me sick. But I can listen to audio books and I enjoy that.

Wish we had Homesense here. It will probably come sooner or later. We do have a Target now - it just opened this week.

Butter Truffle Tea sounds delightful - especially drinking it while curled up with a book and a blankie. Did you have a cookie too? :)

Happy weekend Susanne!

ellen b. said...

Glad you got to see your oldest daughter. Homesense/Homegoods (here in the states)is a favorite of mine!
Have a great weekend.

Jerralea said...

It sounds like you had a marvelous weekend!

I always learn about new flavors of teas and coffees by reading your blog!