Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday's Fave Five #253



Hi everyone, welcome.  Last weekend we Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving.  It's one of my favorite holidays, but really there is no reason to keep thankfulness to just one weekend a year.  How much better to be thankful for all the good things in our daily lives?  Did you know that thankful people who realize their blessings are generally more happy.  And so they are thankful.  And again they are happier.  Sounds like a good circle to get into, doesn't it?  Well that's what FFF is all about.  Looking for our blessings, being thankful for the big and the small and being a more content and happy person giving glory to the Lord.  We invite you to join in!  Guidelines are linked in the sidebar.

1.  The holiday of thanksgiving being an opportunity for my family to come together.  Now that we're spread out a bit, a holiday presents a great time to all get together.

2.  The foods of thanksgiving.  I'm very thankful that I am  able to cook a dinner for my family.  My favorite foods happen to be a lot of the ones I serve at Thanksgiving.  Turkey, stuffing, spaghetti squash, pumpkin pie.  Okay I didn't make the pie, but the others I sure did.

3.  My daughter being safe and sound after her car broke down on the highway. It's that phone call that makes a parent feel so helpless.    On the way back to her home Oldest Daughter's car just quit on the highway.  About 4 hours from  here, 45 minutes out of a city.  The tow truck an hour away.  I am so thankful she had her boyfriend with her and they both remained safe.  A hefty repair and towing bill but it doesn't compare to the both of them remaining safe and finally making it home safely.

4.  A Sweet Hubby who cleaned up for me last night while I had a horrible headache.  So appreciate his jumping right in to help even though I know he was pretty darn tired from work.

5.  Another dandy breakfast from our favorite breakfast place.  This time I chose a "April 89" crepe.  Filled with fresh fruit and custard, it sounded delicious.  Imagine my surprise when it arrived and was set before me.  It was almost as wide as my shoulders.  I may or may not have eaten almost the whole thing.



What were your favorites from the week?





10 comments:

nikkipolani said...

Thankful-happy-thankful is a great cycle to be in! I'm pleased to hear you had a lovely family gathering for Thanksgiving and that your daughter was safe. (Ouch on the bills, though)

Had me grinning with that photo of your astonishment at the size of that (delicious) crepe!

Gattina said...

A family gathering is always nice especially for special occasions. Our family is very small we are only five, one son, a DIL, one grandson and the two of us ! What a pancake, lol ! Could never eat that in the morning !

Faith said...

Yes!!! Gratitude followed by happiness....er..Joy....followed by more gratitude!! Love doing the FFF to keep me in that cycle!! Praise God your daughter and bf were safe and together!! I love many foods from thanksgiving dinner as well...especially squash and cranberry sauce! wow that is a HUGE crepe,,,love your expression!!!!

Melissa said...

That crepe looks amazing, and what a fun photo!

So glad that your daughter and bf were safe, and that your husband cleaned up after dinner when you didn't feel good.

Thanks for hosting!

Barbara H. said...

Love that photo! That crepe is huge - I have never seen one so big!

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving with your family, and especially that all were safe during the car trip. I can understand the feelings behind that phone call!

Ann said...

What a fantastic breakfast! I haven't eaten yet this morning - it's 11:00! --and that looks great!

Kathie said...

Love your intro this week Susanne - it's so true and I want to say a big THANKS to you for inspiring me every week!

I'm laughing at your expression - what a crepe!!

So thankful your daughter and bf were ok - and so glad for cell phones. Sorry for the bill though. :(

Glad your thanksgiving celebration was great - gathering the family in is my favourite part too. The food's pretty good too :)

Hope that headache is all gone - sweet hubby.

Have a great weekend Susanne!

ellen b. said...

Oh my, Susanne! That's a crepe of humungous proportions! Love it!!

KAtrina @ Mama Manuscripts said...

Hey. I know that restaurant. We used to go semi regularly before having kids. We took them for a treat for the first time when we first moved (there wasn't one in Cape Breton) and they were quite impressed.

I am glad you had a nice thanksgiving and that your daughter was safe and sound. Breaking down is no fun at all!

Have a lovely week.

Snowbird said...

Good grief....that pic of the crepe realy had me laughing. So glad daughter was safe and that you all got to enjoy a wonderful thanksgiving with all your favourite foods.xxxx