Welcome to another Friday and another opportunity to take a look at the blessings that come to us in our weeks.
1. A getaway on the long weekend. Getting out of town, hitting the road to see our Oldest Daughter was a well needed refresher. Even though it's a long way to go with a major part of 2 of the 3 days spent on the road, it's time away and time with hubby and time with our daughter we just never get to see enough.
2. Getting home safely from aforementioned road trip. As beautiful as the drive was there, it was that much s.c.a.r.y. on the way home. More of a description here, but suffice it to say I'm considering a good color to cover the gray hair I obtained during that drive home. Praise God for safety all the way home!
3. Bbq ribs. Need I say more? Out to dinner at Tony Roma's on our weekend away, it was our Valentine's date. I had the Baby Back ribs with half Red Hot BBQ sauce and half Carolina Honeys Sauce. Oh my goodness, it was the best ribs I've had in a long time.
4. Shoes. I really needed a pair of low heels to wear with my dress pants. Not that I wear really high heels, but the ones I had were killing my knee since I injured the MCL and my black flat shoes were just too casual. But I really hated to spend a bunch of money. While away on the weekend, we went to a Winner's store and lo and behold I found a pair of very comfortable but still a little dressy Rockport shoes with a small heel I can handle right now for $24. Steal of a deal. I was thrilled.
5. My own bed. While I love getting away, there is nothing like getting back to my own bed, my own blanket, my own room. I change my sheets just before we leave to go away and when we come back and it's always a big "Aaaaaah" when I get back in my own bed.
What have been your favorites from the week? Did you have some big, obvious blessings or were yours more subtle? If you do a post for FFF please feel free to link on up! If you're new, guidelines are linked in the sidebar. Have a great weekend, everyone!