** Updated with the Linky! Sorry guys, not sure why Mr. Linky didn't "catch". Must have done something wrong.
FFF #199! I can't believe it. 199 weeks of looking for & sharing the blessings God has given in our days. What fun I've had hosting all you wonderful participants and reading your favorite blessings from your weeks. I'm so glad you've taken this journey with me, through the good weeks and the bad weeks. I've appreciated every post you've written and everything you've shared. Thanks, everyone!
This week has gone by so quickly, I've hardly been aware. But that is one of the things I like about this exercise of FFF. It forces me to notice the blessings rather than just letting them get by without sometimes even being aware of them. It makes me a more grateful person and it makes me more aware of the Lord's goodness in my days.
1. Milestone Celebrations. We celebrated my Mom's 80th birthday on Monday. It was a lovely family dinner at the same steakhouse, the Keg, my hubby and I went to on our anniversary. My sis and I had planned an open house for her, but didn't go through with it when the idea made her very uncomfortable. She just wanted her family around her and to go for a nice dinner. So that we did do. And just like on our anniversary, it was delicious. This time I had the Pecan Sirloin. Soo good. And Mom, because it was her birthday, received this absolutely delicious dessert! Billy Minor Pie. All 8 of us were able to have a few spoons of it. Chocolate, mocha, melt in your mouth cold goodness. Yum!
2. Finding the perfect gift. I love when I happen to hit upon a perfect gift for someone. Love the anticipation of giving it to them and I love watching their faces as they see what they got. So much fun for me.
3. Air Conditioning. This last week I've been so thankful for air conditioning. It's been a heat wave in Canada all over all week. My air conditioning is something I so don't take for granted.
4. Whoosh. Love, love, love this body wash. It smells sooo good. Lemon, lime, grapefruit, rosemary and geranium. It's sort of really interesting stuff. It's like jello. You can freeze it and use it like that on a hot day to really wake you up. It's not harsh on the skin. Sometimes I can get away without a lotion right after my shower. But mostly it's the smell. I'm all about the smell.
5. Unrushed mornings. Oh how I love a morning where I can take my time waking up, where I don't have to hit the floor running, where I can savor a whole cup of hot coffee. They don't happen often but when they do they are really a noticed blessing!
What have been some of your blessings this week. What has uplifted your spirits, made you smile, gave you perspective? Share in a post and then join us and sign your specific post onto Mr. Linky.
Happy weekend to everyone!