Well I'm a little late to the party, aren't I ? I had totally forgotten what day it was . Today we are celebrating Canada Day and having a stat holiday and day off on a Friday has sort of thrown me for a loop. But nevertheless, it's Friday and still a good time to look over the week and remember blessings even though the posting of them is late.
1. Canada Day. Of course this tops the list this week. So many things to be thankful surrounding this day. I'm always thankful for an extra day off, though in this day and age, not everyone gets it off just because it's a statuatory holiday. And that's kinda sad. But anyway, for me, I'm very thankful that I do get it off. And Canada Day is all about celebrating the birthday of this great country. Such a beautiful place that I am privileged to live in. A country who helps others, who reaches out, who affords freedom of worship and has opportunities galore. Home of the free because of the brave. Yes, I am very thankful for Canada.
2. Tea made tastier in a lovely tea pot and cup. My daughter gave me this for mother's day and it just makes me smile whenever I use it. It's not only cute but to me it represents her thoughtfulness because it has bikes on it which I love, the color green which I love and she knows I like to drink tea. So she choose a gift that she knew represented a lot of me. How can I not smile having a sip of tea out of this?
3. Great reading. After a few "DNF's" (did not finish) books, I'm so glad I found one that grabbed my attention. Grabbed me from the first pages, and though I knew the ending because it's a fictionalized account of a true story, it was still gripping right through the whole story, maybe more so because I knew what would happen. Loved the writing and the telling of the tale. It was a 10 out of 10 for me. I'll do a full review in a few days time. Finding a great read always is a favourite blessing for me. Such a privilege to be able to have access to any kind of book I could desire basically at any time. Not everyone has that.
4. Surprise visits of friends. Even though we live in the same city, I don't get to see my good friend very often. So when she popped in yesterday, starbucks in hand, it definitely made my week! So nice to have a visit with her and catch up with what's going on. We have just learned to grab those smaller moments rather than always trying to carve out chunks of time like a whole evening. And they all add up to big blessings of friendship!
5. The Amazing Race Canada! I love this show. It's a weekly tradition that I can hardly wait for when the season is on. I've watched the Amazing Race for years and it has always been a secret little dream of mine that my daughter and I would do it or that any of my kids would do it, but it was always just American. Well a couple of years ago they started the Canadian version. Love how it showcases a lot of Canada. And this year there is a team from my city running! Now it's 10x more exciting to watch. There has only been one episode so far and I have to say the camera work has been stunning in it as they have gone from Northwest Territories to Jasper, Alberta. Next week they'll be in Calgary. Go Team Lethbridge!!
What were your favorite blessings this week?